Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Leatherique update

So last night, I leatherique'd the front seats, rear seat backs, headrests(still), rear side bolsters(still), and the e-brake boot.



Wow.


This morning I took the trash out, and there were actual dry spots on my front seats. I was shocked. I knew the driver's seat was bad, but damn. I don't have time for another coat this morning, so I'll hit it hard tonight.

I also had a great email conversation with someone who works at leatherique. I was a bit distraught over the fact that my headrests had showed little improvement. He completely destroyed my "throw them in a trash bag and leave them in the sun for hours" method, saying it was akin to frying a turkey. He also said it can take weeks to bring them back from cardboard status.

oops.

He actually recommended that I put them in the garage, or in the car in the sun. The garage makes sense, since it is mostly the warmest place in the house (save the attic). So that's what's happening right now. More coats to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment