Saturday, May 15, 2010

SUCCESS!!!!!

Finally, in my quest to install my Lidatek LE-30 laser jammer (don't even bother googling, the company went out of bidness awhile ago. I've had this shit since 2004!!!), I have made a breakthrough. I was able to route the cable from the laser sensor from the engine bay to the cabin.



All it took was six years, a metal coathanger from walmart, some googling, and a ton of sweat.

You can pop the top off of the fuse box (four t-10 torx screws), which allows access to the rats nest of cables going through to the cabin. I was able to run the coat hanger back and forth by itself to make some "room". Also, in the cabin(listen up: this is key), there's a zip tie right at the firewall. I was having trouble with the cable not making it through this part, so I cut the zip tie. It doesn't seem to do anything but bundle the cables together. I might replace it afterwards, but I haven't decided yet.

I'll post pics soon. Either way, I am totally stoked. Now I have to find an underdash power source....

No comments:

Post a Comment